Software bugs come and go, but features only get better!
Keep track of what’s new and exciting in each release of OnePetri in the changelog below.
OnePetri is finally here! Harness the power of artificial intelligence and computer vision to save valuable time when performing common Petri dish assays! All analysis is done offline, making this the quickest and most robust plaque-counting solution out there.
Thank you for using OnePetri! This release includes a machine learning model update that significantly improves detection times while also reducing the app’s overall size. Stay tuned for more exciting feature & model updates!
- Reduced machine learning model file sizes by 85% (compared to v1.0.1-8), significantly reducing the overall size of the OnePetri app (now using fp16 quantized YOLOv5n v6.1 models)
- Reduced time needed to detect Petri dishes and plaques
- Fixed bug where some icons may not render properly on iOS 13
- Minor changes to default detection thresholds for Petri dishes and plaques
- User experience enhancements
Thank you for downloading OnePetri! This release fixes a couple of rare bugs which may have caused the app to crash at times, as well as improves on iPad support.
- Fixed bug where Plaque Assay screen may display incorrectly on iPads
- Fixed bug where opening an invalid image from the photo library may cause the application to crash
- Fixed bug where selecting a small Petri dish could cause the application to crash, added warning that image is too small and cannot be analyzed
Stay tuned for more exciting feature & model updates!
With support for phage plaques of all shapes, sizes, and turbidities, OnePetri is every scientist’s perfect lab companion. Multiple Petri dishes in one image? No problem! OnePetri allows you to select only the Petri dish you wish to analyze. For optimal results, it is recommended to have no more than ~2 Petri dishes in the frame of each image, so that the pixel density per Petri dish is maximized. More tips can be found here. A special thank you goes out to all of our beta testers who put this app through its paces before being publicly released.
- Initial public release!
- Use “Quick count” to get quick & accurate plaque counts for any circular Petri dish
- Support for plaque/titration assays using tenfold dilutions (note: spot assays are not yet supported)
- Images can be selected from the photo library or captured with the device’s camera